We’ve had a few requests from people wanting to do this project themselves.
We’re pretty chuffed about this.
We also don’t want to send postcards to the same Hope St houses over & over & over.
If you are a school, then we’re trialling a “pack”.
But. You can also DIY.
(Its just that we know teachers are busy, and setting up a blog is time consuming.
And, its nice to be part of the larger project we think :) )
The Dear Hope Street Kit.
I will post you a kit which will include:
– The DHS postcards
– an allocated street in Australia or Overseas for your students.
– Access to a video welcome from me to show students
– instructions for you on how to facilitate workshop
– a self-addressed envelope to return the postcards to me
– inclusion in the blogging etc.
This will cost $200 + stamps ($2.60 for international, 70c for within Australia)
And if you’re interested now – email alex @ maybetogether.com.au before Friday 26th June.
DIY option for schools:
– use the school street name (eg if the school is on Smith Street, find Smith Streets in the US, Canada, UK, New Zealand etc.)
– we recommend making it easier for yourself by choosing an English-speaking country.
– make sure you include the postcode
– include your blog address on the the bottom of the postcard
-please place a credit note somewhere on your blog and link it to dearhopestreet.com
– please donate “what you feel” below. (no donation is too small)
– email me and tell me you’re doing it! alex @ maybetogether.com.au
Please note it is not ok for organisations, festivals or other artists to do this.
If you are an individual family, then feel free to do this project too. And follow the DIY instructions above.
I am an independent artist attempting to make a living off my practice.
But do want to see more postcards sent out into the world!
If you are unsure, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you’d like to make a donation. You can here: